Puffed Rice and Chocolate Bars
Preparation Time: 10 minutes plus chilling
Cooking time: 10 minutes
125g / 4.5 oz / 5 cups puffed rice
100g / 3.5 oz / 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
225g / 8 oz / 1.5 cups dark chocolate, chopped
2 tbsp golden syrup
55g / 2 oz / 1/3 cup cocoa powder
75ml / 3 fl. oz / 1/3 cup semi-skimmed milk
1) Grease and line a 20cm (8 in) square baking tin with greaseproof paper. Combine the puffed rice and oats in a large mixing bowl, stirring well.
2) Melt together the chocolate and golden syrup in a heatproof bowl set on top of a half-filled saucepan of simmering water.
3) Stir occasionally until the chocolate has melted. Remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly, then add to the rice and oats.
4) Stir well before adding the cocoa powder and milk, then stir thoroughly again.
5) Pack the mixture into the prepared baking tin; cover and chill for 2 hours before turning out and cutting into bars.