Green Tea Cake
Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking Time: 45-50 minutes
100g / 3.5oz / 2/3 cup gluten-free plain (all-purpose) flour
150g / 5 oz / 2/3 cup margarine, softened
55g / 2oz / 1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
55g / 2oz / 1/3 cup brown rice flour
3 small eggs, beaten
2 tbsp cornflour (cornstarch)
1 tsp Xanthan gum
1 tsp salt
110 ml / 4 fl.oz / 1/2 cup brewed green tea
a large bunch of nettles, roughly chopped
1) Preheat the oven to 180 C (160 C fan) / 350 F / gas 4 and line a 900 g (2 lb) loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
2) Combine the flour, margarine, Parmesan, brown rice flour, eggs, cornflour, Xanthan gum and salt in a large mixing bowl, then add the green tea and stir well until thoroughly combined.
3) Add the nettles and stir again briefly to mix. Scrape into the loaf tin.
4) Bake for 45-50 minutes until a cake tester comes out clean from its centre.
5) Remove to a wire rack to cool before turning out, slicing, and serving.
Source: Gluten Free Diet