Most of the children love ketchup. Homemade ketchup can be a mother's choice. Most important, it avoids the high fructose corn syrup found in manufactured ketchup. It only takes 10 minutes to make.
Makes about 4 cups
Two 28-ounce cans crushed tomatoes, drained
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons coconut nectar
1/2 cup xylitol
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 teaspoons sea salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon celery salt
1/8 teaspoon mustard powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 whole clove
1) Using the back of a spatula, strain the crushed tomatoes through a small-holed strainer to remove the seeds.
2) Put the tomatoes with the rest of the ingredients in a large saucepan or stockpot and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat.
3) Cook, stirring occasionally with a whisk, for 1 1/2hours.
4) Remove the clove and cool.
5) The ketchup will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Source: The Disconnected Kids Nutrition Plan