Indian Spiced Lamb
This is proper dinner-party food! Make sure you buy cutlers not chops, because they have a better meat-to-fat ratio. And if you have any leftoers (not likely!), they are delicious the next day, served at room temperature with a big salad.
2/3 cup plain yogurt
2 tbsp ground almonds
2 tsp garam masala
1tsp smoked paprika, salt and pepper
4 lamb cutlets (about 7oz each)
large handful of baby spinach leaves
4 cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cucumber, sliced into matchsticks
1/2 bunch of cilantro, leaves only, roughly chopped
juice of 1 lemon
1) Preheat the broiler to high and line a baking sheet with parchment pepper (this is just to make cleanup easier).
2) Place the yogurt, ground almonds, garam masala and smoked paprika in a bowl, along with a generous amount of salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
3) Smother the lamb cutles with the spiced yogurt, then place on the prepared baking sheet. Slide under the broiler and cook the cutlets for 3-4 minutes on each side, by which time the spiced yogurt should have browned in a few places.
4) Meanwhile, make a quick salad by gently tossing the spinach, tomatoes and cucumber together in a bowl. Pile the salad onto a plate.
5) Remove the lamb cutlets from the broiler and let rest for 1 or 2 minutes, then sit them on top of the salad. Serve up with a scattering of cilantro and a squeeze of lemon juice.
* Serve with a big portion of your favourite greens such as kale, brocolli, snow peas or green beans.
Source: The above recipe was taken from Lean in 15 - The Shift Plan ~Author: Joe Wicks